.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Freelancing Copywriter

Monday, January 16, 2006

Maxims

Calvin said once, that he didn't like maxims that encouraged behaviour modification. Or something to that effect.

This is one of the reasons I love Calvin and Hobbes. The six year old's rants are like hot brownies dipped in chocolate sauce. The chocolate sauce goes deep down inside the brownie, and the brownie just melts in your mouth, more or less like instant karma. He just says it with utmost simplicity, and I take it in with grace. Hats off to you, Mr. Bill Watterson.

That's how life is supposed to be. Simple. Free. I want it to be the way it is supposed to be. It isn't. The reason: people. People I don't like. People I hate. People I detest. People I'd skin alive and bury if I had the heart to do so. The heart won't agree though. I would go up to those very people, telling them things, trying to somehow transform them into people I like, people I can atleast try to like. And then, I remember the Calvin-quote. If I didn't like behaviour modifications, I logically shouldn't be trying it on other people.

So then, let people be, I said. I said to myself, that I give a damn about who these people are and what they do. They don't exist in my universe. I decided not to go and tell things to people. My rants are way too valuable to waste on people who are mere cretins.

And the very day I decided to do the aforementioned, I found people breathing all over my neck and face, invading into my own little universe, trying to tell me what to do or what not. Trying to dictate my life to their terms. Trying to change me into a person that they can try to like. Trying to turn me into one of their kind. Trying to make a cretin out of me.

Irony hurts. I relucantly accepted my flaw, and rectified it, and the same day, I was being forced into unrectifying the issue. I wanted to tell things to those people. I wanted to tell them to go mind their own business. I wanted to tell them to live their own lives.

I wanted to tell them to just shut up.
I did not tell them anything.
Flaw rectified. I finally live.
My own life, my own game, with my own set of rules.

1 Comments:

  • i've seen that you've been told enough times here that you write well - i would still like to reiterate the compliment -YOU DO HAVE A FLAIR FOR WRITING. for god's sake what are you doing at an engineering college ?! you could seriously think of an alternative career like journo - you sure do have great future - GOD BLESS

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 AM, January 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home