.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Freelancing Copywriter

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Inertia Part 3

With parts being lost in a time warp, this inertia is of a different kind. Change, as it seems, and has been pointed out by folks too many to count, is inevitable, so I decide to flow against it.

Flow, like flight is something, which the powers-that-be dont wan't us to undertake any sort of flow. To take flight is looked down upon, which is quite incomprehensible, as someone who is taking a flight is expected to be found in the sky, and therefore looking down won't help.

Coming back to sense, and stopping taking everything too literally, I feel inert in the sense that no matter how I try to move, I can't.

No! Stop! Wait!! This is not one of the old types. This is not "I can't get myself to move." This time, I can move, and mind you, I actually do, but the whole world moves in exactly the opposite direction, cancelling out any progress I make. I fall back in the same rut. It might be another rut, but they all look and feel the same.

Why don't ruts have escalators or elevators? Even stairs would be a great help. One such as I cannot be expected to find a rope and do a guiness-book-record-duplicating feat of wall/rock climbing to move out of the rut. So, and therefore, I lie here, and do nothing, trying to fool the world that I am doing something in the opposite direction, and so that it moves in the direction I want it to, and inertia is relieved. Relativity, isn't it?

And by the way, pickup trucks are absolute cheesecake.

2 Comments:

  • A rut doesn't have stairs man. That's basic rut-law!

    But if you need to getting moving, a swift kick in the butt often helps.

    Need one? Only one dollar.

    :D

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:59 AM, June 04, 2006  

  • But then, cheesecake is absobleddylutely delicious, innit?
    :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 AM, June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home