.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Freelancing Copywriter

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Undue Cele-brat

If you've been following this blog rather closely, you'd probably notice that it rarely mentions people. Neither does it discuss events, though the rarity is only so very slightly less profound in this case. Also, whenever these taboos have been violated, the circumstances have been quite distressing, and in a certain case or two, rather exhilarating.

So when this friend of mine reminded me that the midsems were up and coming, and I ought to post something on this page as it was the ripest time to do so, I decided to give the aforementioned rules a whack-on-the-back, and try to mention a couple of people and events in my life. As you see, I already did that in the first sentence of this paragraph, and therefore I am a nice guy.

Life has been quite boring these days, with nothing but friends to keep my mind away from the sheer emptiness of this canister. Friends probably play the most important role in the life of a superbly underperforming weird geek who is living away from his family in a place where he regularly comes across people whose lives he finds interesting. These people, I think I would like to emulate, but then my subconscious suddenly becomes superconscious and reminds me of the fact that I hate being part of a mob. Being compared in any characterstic to a group of people. Being assigned a stereotype.

I have always tried to be different. Consciously or subconsciously, I don't know. But still, different. Different to the extent being called uncool. Given a shit to the limit that people actually voice their concerns. Taking a whole lot of crap from people who believe that they are probably the best critics on anything that might catch their fancy. Made fun of because I know too many things and don't fear to tell them to people around me.

Anyway, I have also learnt to give a shit to whatever people might say. Who the fuck cares has sort of become my motto in life. Not that this is great or something, but till the point of time everything is going fine, who the fuck cares...

So coming back to the point of mentioning people and places, I went out with a couple of friends to this pub tonight, while the rest of my friends are up to their necks in photocopied notes and despicable books. Not that they like them or anything. They just pretend to. Not that I care or anything... I just celebrated the fuckin midsems!!

Anyway, coming back to the pub thing, when somebody remarks that I would look totally out of place in a public place with my current getup, which includes a "feminine" hairstyle, a dirty shirt and oversize jeans torn to fit my ankles, I'd be ready to tell him that I give a fuck, and I just tend to celebrate this way. However, if you are a cute girl making this remark, I'd very well get a hair cut, and offer to take you out. Just make sure you can handle my mind, for it lives on its own rules, and that is one thing I am perfectly fine with.

Cheers!

11 Comments:

  • So truly this describes u giddu! And with the last para I know ur state of mind exactly :) Pata hai tera itna giveup kyun hota hai :D

    Go Giddu Go!

    Love you man!
    Mayank

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 AM, September 10, 2006  

  • dude gid.. u always complain too much. chill.. and go *do* something instead of just blogging about doing somethign!

    which pub BTW?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:56 AM, September 10, 2006  

  • @SD, duhh..
    cheers :P

    By Blogger Giddu, at 6:28 AM, September 10, 2006  

  • " Being compared in any characterstic to a group of people. Being assigned a stereotype ".....

    sweet way to hide ur indolent, happy go lucky character... :P:P

    By Blogger ~Nayan~, at 7:11 AM, September 10, 2006  

  • whatever you say, however furstrated you might be, we sure had fun last night :)

    By Blogger Ankoor Das, at 8:38 AM, September 10, 2006  

  • are you always this modest?

    WV:qouiof -- "sound made when an 80 year old toothless man tries to chew his food"
    picked this from yohan's blog, great fun (though am not that good)

    By Blogger Nikhil, at 9:55 AM, September 10, 2006  

  • @das, you sure did, I was just treated to some eye tonic.

    @nikhil, finally someone realised why i put the word verification there. it is good fun...
    lzqzlvy: a palindrome, VY??

    By Blogger Giddu, at 10:08 AM, September 10, 2006  

  • "Made fun of because I know too many things and don't fear to tell them to people around me"
    reminds me of so many instances and smiling faces.... :)))
    u know a lot, no doubt!!

    By Blogger Prashant, at 5:15 AM, September 11, 2006  

  • nice guy .... lol :P

    & gids, chill... its okk being part of a mob once in a while. but yeah, u fucking dont care. ;)

    By Blogger Swapnil Sachdev, at 3:34 PM, September 12, 2006  

  • wtf dude!! you rock with your comments. And BTW there are people around you who are willing to give you a piece of their mind! But wtf! who cares :D

    And dude you look mighty frustrated :))

    And get your feminine hairstyle and dirty shirt comments correct! The correct metaphor would be Gay!

    By Blogger Prashant, at 2:28 PM, September 13, 2006  

  • the exams at times do things 2 ppl..completely agree on the fact tht who cares a damn..way2 go dude!!do wht u feel like coz in the end thtz wht matters the most!!but take it easy dude i agree u do luk frustated..so chill..

    By Blogger Metallica bhakt!, at 10:35 AM, September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home