.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Freelancing Copywriter

Friday, September 22, 2006

Kitelike

I'm a man, I'm not a child...
A man who sees
The shadow behind your eyes

Who's to say where the wind will take you?
Who's to say what it is will break you?
I don't know, where the wind will blow...

Who's to know when the time has come around?

I don't want to see you cry

I know that this is not goodbye.

-
Kite (U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind)

There seems to be a limit to how much you can't leave behind. There's only so much that you can take with you. There is much more you want to take with you than you ever knew. There is so much more accumulating in your bag.

I would probably never be able to leave it all behind. I would probably never be able to classify what it is that I can't leave behind. My list would probably outgrow everyone else's. I probably would be, or probably am, the most nostalgic person around.

I live in the past. I lurk in the shadows of the times gone by. I try to go back to the immediate past. I long to live my life in rewind. I wish to relive all those moments with my loved ones over and over again. Also, I know that this is not possible.

However, it is these memories that are mine. All that I can't leave behind. And I know this for sure, that there is no limit to the amount of past my present can carry along to the future.

I think that I can see the shadow behind my own eyes. I would never want to know where the wind would blow me. I would not want to know what is capable of breaking me. All I know is that I am able to believe. Believe that this, or for that matter any moment gone by, will not be my goodbye.

All I know, is that I am the kite whose string shall never come undone.

7 Comments:

  • Das has rightly put your thoughts as "gidduisms" on his fellow gangsters listing :p
    But this wasn't as scary/turning off as the fluidity funda of the previous blog. i
    just cudn't get myself to comment on the whole yucky thing the last time around
    This was atleast philosophical :d

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 AM, September 23, 2006  

  • kya hua giddu? Passing out blues so soon?

    Ankur/Frank/Mat poocho mujhse :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:01 PM, September 24, 2006  

  • hmmm....too much inspiration from U2 i guess. Achtung baby!

    By Blogger Ankoor Das, at 1:30 AM, September 25, 2006  

  • Too profound and recondite !!
    Is it giddu's greener grass on the other side of the fence..

    By Blogger ~Nayan~, at 10:01 AM, September 27, 2006  

  • oye nayan kuuch bhi likhega kya ??
    recondite and profound at the same time ... so contradicting ?? koi ek view lena tha naa ? :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 AM, September 29, 2006  

  • Abe I know its weird to tag you for jotting down your weird habbits coz I know you have plethora of strange habbits
    but still tagged u !! :P

    By Blogger ~Nayan~, at 2:44 AM, October 03, 2006  

  • I did not find it strange and you may yourself just dismiss these thoughts as random musings.It was perfectly sense to me,when I think about getting bogged about things changing way too soon for my liking.The present already past,I dont know where the wind will blow......

    By Blogger Stu, at 2:54 AM, October 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home